Now I also make jewelry

Sunday, 22 November 2009

Chakte Kok Neck



Lo and behold! I had forgotten about this one: a chakte kok neck in the making from last year: I had done the scarf joint, glued on the heel (part of it is padouak, also a red wood) and bandsawed the sides. So today (we still have mild weather and no rain), I went outside and shaped the arc of the back and the heel.
The wood was purplish red on the surface, but actually pink and rose underneath with lovely darker lines: I can see why it is apparently used for jewelry, so rich and delicate it looks. Precious, really... hence the question: am I going to be able to make
something worthy of that natural beauty?
It is easy to work with and something of a relief after carving another jatoba neck yesterday.

No comments:

Post a Comment